Thursday, July 24, 2008

What's for dinner?

One of the things I never anticipated when I got married was cooking for different tastes. For some reason I always assumed that everyone liked to eat the same things I did. Not at all true. It has been both challenging and fun to come up with meals that sound yummy to both Jon and I. Last night I made chimi changas per Jon's request. They turned out great and Jon loved them.
First I prepared a roasting bag and put in a 2.5 lbs. pork roast. Just adding from the top I threw in about 1/2 a sweet onion chopped, 3 cloves of burst garlic, salt, fresh ground pepper and about 3 tablespoons of butter. I then put it in the oven at 325 degrees for 1 hr and 40 mins which over cooked it a bit. next time I will take it out after an hour and twenty.
I shredded the pork with a fork and mixed it with two 7 oz cans of green chilies adding some of the cooked onions also. Next warm tortillas in microwave and make burritos with cheddar cheese and pork mixture, fry in peanut oil till lightly browned on both sides and serve with taco sauce, sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes and Asian chili sauce ( that stuff is awesome on Mexican food! :))
I made some sweetened sliced strawberries and biscuits during the process with the chimi changas and served them with whipped topping for dessert. Simple and so delicious! My husband thought I was the bomb digity.

4 comments:

Shy said...

Hey you

Shy said...

yeah you fixed it.

Just Us Two said...

Yay it works :)

Anonymous said...

well darn, i missed your anniversary didn't i? i don't have it on my calendar so you must let me know when it is.
glad you have a blog!!!
and i miss you!!!