Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Double Bubble Toil and Trouble..

My husband now has a good job in Phoenix which we are excited about. He's been having trouble with his right ankle again, but with a new insole it seems to be on the mend! I am still on the hunt for a job, but with my free time I have been enjoying a good read. I just finished Sense and Sensibility, a book I've been meaning to read since college, and I really enjoyed it. It was a little different than the movie but I think they did a good job of sticking to the point anyway. I have started to read Around the World in Eighty Days by Jules Verne and already love it.
Last night I made Beef Stroganoff for dinner with a new recipe provided by my mother-in-law. It was really good, and since I am so fond of Stroganoff, I'm elated to now have a good recipe for it. My husband was really impressed too so that means it's an official favorite of this family. I think I will have to make a recipe book of all the dinners that we enjoy together. One of them is a simple Macaroni and Cheeseburger casserole. All you have to do is: Make macaroni and cheese according to the box, add about a half cup of thawed frozen corn, about a cup of diced tomatoes (drain and rinsed from a can or fresh is best) and about half a lb of browned hamburger. Mix and serve. It's great for a quick and easy meal.
I'm so excited for Halloween; I love this holiday! I love to make popcorn balls and pumpkin squares and all the fun decorations. I'm not as fond of the scary costumes but it's all good. I have great plans for the ultimate costume for myself and someday I'll be able to put it together. Nope not this year, oh well. :)
Our first anniversary is coming up and I am so excited! I can't believe we've already been married for nearly a year. We had a really yummy wedding cake so I'm pretty sure it will still be delicious on our anniversary and I think we should eat the whole thing! Teehee.
Well Happy Halloween everybody!

2 comments:

Shy said...

Love it so cute! I didn't find your comment on my blog so I couldn't follow it to yours. :) I was going to call ya to find it. Okay now to find the link. lol

Anonymous said...

oh for crying out loud!! how did i manage to comment on the other post? i do have your anniversary on my calendar, derrrr!