Friday, April 24, 2009

A Happy Easter and a Happy Birthday


Okay I know this is late so I decided I have put this off long enough so here goes..
This month I had my 27th birthday, we celebrated Easter, and we had a visit from Superman's sister and her family.
Here are the cakes for the birthday party my husband's brother-in-law shared with me, and here is our nephew taking a huge bite of a purple rose from my cake. My cake was white with apricot mouse and cream cheese frosting. (Yummy) Superman bought me a Mortar and Pestle for my birthday and I love it! I was so excited because I've wanted one for a very long time. Anyone who knows me knows that I like to spend a lot of time in the kitchen, so I LOVE new kitchen gadgets that I can try new recipes with. :)
For Easter my husband got a bunch a Reese's Easter Eggs and Cadbury Cream Eggs because they're his favorite, and I got Marshmallow Cream eggs and SweetTarts because they're my favorite. :)
Yes, that is a crocheted chicken nesting those delicious eggs. My mother made them when I was little and those chickens have been a family Easter tradition for as long as I can remember. Superman was so surprised and excited for his Easter treats. Isn't he the cutest!

2 comments:

Jenifer said...

That cookie monster cake is soooo adorable! I love it. Happy late b-day, by the way.

Shy said...

Love that cookie monster cake!! How cute is that. The top two pics I am guessing are deco you made.?? I had forgotten about those chicks mom made. How fun glad you have some. I sure dont. Looks like you had fun!