Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Black Bart: Our Pet Fish



Oh, I'd like to introduce you to our fish, Black Bart. He lives in a lovely orange tank beneath a window in our TV room. We bought him while my husband and I were dating to keep Pistol Pete company (a gold fish we won at our singles ward activity).
I think Bart's been secretly depressed ever since we moved and left them with my mother-in-law though. Pistol Pete died of consumption shortly after we moved to Utah, but Black Bart just got bigger. He is a very smart fish and has an intelligent look in his eye (he's more like a dog) that's probably why he survived Pistol Pete's demise.
Bart likes to sleep just about all day, then he swims around cleaning the bottom of his tank and at night he swims to the top and bobs around so we remember to feed him. See I told you he was smart! I had to wake him up to take these pictures. I just waved at him a lot and told him how to pose for me. I couldn't ask for a better fishy friend.

1 comment:

Shy said...

Wow, that looks so orange!