I finished my book! Around the World in Eighty Days is a very good read. Adventure, suspense, mystery, attachment, and it's very informative -I recommend it to anyone. I think I'm going to read Death on the Nile by Agatha Christy next; or Anne of Green Gables...As for the holiday:
For Christmas Eve, we went to the In-law Family Christmas Party. It was nice. I brought pumpkin bread and there were many kinds of enchiladas, and beans, and salad and chips to eat. There was pecan pie or cherry pie and ice cream for dessert. Afterward was the white elephant gift exchange, a reading of the Christmas story, and we sang Christmas hymns. Before my husband and I left, our Aunt gave us a gift of a couple of pretty glass
Christmas was fun this year. We had breakfast at my brother-in-law's house Christmas morning. They made bacon and sausage and pancakes and orange juice. It was very nice. My husband and I bought our first Christmas ornaments this year. They are little picture frames and we put a wedding picture in one for our first Christmas together and my brother took a picture of us to put in the other for our REAL first Christmas together. ;) We liked the idea and gave my husband's younger sister's family a picture frame ornament also for their first Christmas with their new baby and a free night out. My brother-in-law and his wife had us this year so they gave us new socks, trouser socks for my husband and festive socks for me, and a gift card to Charleston's restaurant. My mother-in-law gave us an audio of the Oct. 2008 General Conference and a DVD of the life of President Thomas S. Monson. She also gave my husband a new set of scriptures he wanted, and she gave me some new scibbies. ;) We gave my mother-in-law a new rack for her wood burning fireplace. I can't tell you what we are giving my brother this year because we haven't given it to him yet, but I'll add it later. :)
Christmas dinner was at Mom-in-Law's house. Her youngest daughter and I helped her prepare the meal. It was delicious! We had turkey, glazed ham, mashed potatoes, turkey gravy, dressing, raspberry cranberry cherry jello (which was great on the ham and turkey!), dinner rolls, mixed vegetables, acorn squash and pumpkin pie with whipped cream. UmmHmm. So Merry Christmas everyone and Happy New Year!









1 comment:
Sounds like you had a great Christmas! I'm so glad! Our was nice but missed having family! Wouldn't have been so bad if we had been able to go out of town but.... :)
Post a Comment