Thursday, March 12, 2009

A New Season

Sunday I made Corned Beef and Cabbage, which is always a favorite. It's so easy to make but I found out that there is more than one way to do it! I just cook the corned beef according to the package instructions and add peeled and chopped potatoes, carrots, cabbage, and water toward the end. Superman's mother and brother said that she used to make it like a roast and steam the vegitables to go on the side! But, everyone agreed that the stew was delicious and Superman liked it best and that's what really counts anyway. ;)
I'm starting a new diet and excercise program to try to shed all these Newly Wed pounds. Once Superman and I got married my sleep schedule, diet, and stress levels changed completely the end result- a plump young wife. I found myself in a strange new land, far away from all my friends, and family, with no familiar places to go, called by a new name, without my job, and with so many new resposibilities. It's quite understandable really that I would find myself in an identity crisis, and so I can forgive myself for putting on a few pounds. But now, I am decidedly worked beyond those bewildering feelings; I am used to my new name, I'm back in my beloved Arizona and I'm not so far away from my family. It's time to get serious and loose the weight! I'm going to be doing P90X and other workouts as well as eating more conciously. Yes, that's pretty much it and Superman is helping me to be smart about it all. (He's trained in that sort of thing and I feel so blessed to have such help.) Any woman knows it's the pits to loose your balance and have to regain your body, and I am not as excited about the effort as I used to be when I was in high school. I am, however, determined to become fit again and that is probably what is going to see me through in the end.

1 comment:

Jenifer said...

You go girl. Let us know how it goes. I've been wanting to try P90X.