Saturday, June 6, 2009

Visitors and Breakfast Cookies!

Yesterday morning I woke up at 4:00 AM too overheated and restless to fall asleep again. So I decided to try a new cookie recipe I had discovered the night before and planned to make that day for some visitors.. They made a great breakfast too. You may be exclaiming, "What, cookies for breakfast! Oh my bad health habits!" But these cookies are just about as healthy as any other breakfast. In the future I may omit some of the white sugar since the bananas have natural sugar in them already, but other than that they are probably more healthful than a breakfast muffin or Fruit Loops! I love cookies, and now I can have them for breakfast too! What could be better?
Later on that afternoon my brother would be visiting from Ohio and I served him and his family the Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Cookies and they were a hit with both adults and children alike. Try them with chocolate chips, raisins, or chopped walnuts. SoOo yummy, and I never had that sick overendulged feeling. I think PBBO cookies would be great as a take along snack too!
It was so nice to see my brother and his family again. I hadn't seen them in about two years and the children were so much more grown! We had a nice four hour visit and the kids got to be comfortable with us again. (They had forgotten me and were a little shy at first. :) This was the first time my brother and sister-in-law had met Superman so it was pretty cool. Now I just have to get my other brother and his family to come visit and meet my husband! OR, we just need to go visit them in Washington. That would be a fun trip anyway. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i agree one of us needs to make the trip!!! we miss everyone so much!!

Corri said...

Mmmm...reading your blog makes me hungry!! :D

Shy said...

Oooh these cookies look good. I will have to try! Glad you got to visit with them! Now come visit with me while mom and dad are here. :)