Friday, July 17, 2009

Two Quarts of Cream..

I bought two quarts of cream recently because it was buy one get one free and now I don't know what to do with all this cream since I don't have an ice cream maker. I've been looking through my "to try" recipes to find the ones that call for cream since I do not buy it very often. Today I made a Coconut and Blueberry Slice; it was originally supposed to be coconut and passion fruit, but I am not a big fan of passion fruit. In the picture on the recipe it looks a bit like blueberries and blueberries go well with lemon so I opted for the substitution. This dessert is sweet, mild, and creamy. A great teatime snack I'm sure, or for a late night treat, but I don't thinks it's an after dinner type dessert. It needs a nice accompaniment like Chamomile tisane to compliment it.
Superman and I babysat our nephew tonight so his parents could have a date night. It was nice to have him over. I love to watch my husband with children; Superman is so loving and playful, he is so conscientious about what is safe or fun for the baby. It's sweet.

Last weekend I finished making the Baby Shower invitations my sister-in-law requested for the shower she is hosting next weekend. We don't know what the gender is yet so I tried to make them as gender neutral as possible. I made 64! Whew!
I love Suzi's Zoo. This is the only Suzi's Zoo stamp I have, but I would love to build a collection of them. I think maybe when I have children of my own I might go with this theme.
I am such a preparedness nut that I want to read all the books and build a collection of educational material so that I'll be all ready when I do start to have kids. Am I the only one like this?
I have several books to read before I'll feel ready, but I figure I'll probably get to read a lot while I'm pregnant too. I'm sure it won't happen for at least a while longer anyway.

Last time I made zucchini bread I used a recipe out of my ward cookbook and neither my husband nor I thought it was very special. So last week I decided to give it one more try before I gave it up all together. I found a recipe from a blog that looked good and I used it. It called for a cup of oil; which sounded pretty gross to me, so I used a half cup of oil and a half cup of apple sauce. I used a bundt pan since I didn't have two bread pans. It turned out pretty good so I won't give up on making zucchini bread all together.
My sweet Hubby took me shopping at Bed Bath and Beyond to use a gift card he bought me about a year ago. He hates shopping so it was really sweet of him to come with me. I bought some silicone hot mits and this set: hot mit, pot holder, and dish towel. I love it! I think strawberries are so cute and fun to decorate with and I love sage green. I am slowly building myself a home piece by piece. I think I'll buy some nice white dinner napkins with the rest of my gift card. I've heard that white dinner napkins and table cloth are ideal because you can bleach them and keep them looking bright and nice. I look forward to entertaining once I have my own home. :)

1 comment:

Shy said...

Oh I love that strawberry set!! So cute!