Sunday, January 1, 2012

"Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it...yet."

Happy New Year!
The holidays seem to rush by faster every year; I still can't believe they're over.
I had a very busy year end I feel I should wrap up on here. Somehow with all my other priorities, writing my blog seems to fall by the wayside. I hope you all had a good year! I feel like I did. Anyway here's a few telling photos since July:
A friend had a baby girl, so I was busy with these...

My hair always gets redder in the fall and then darker brown in the winter and it's kind of a downer so I colored it this year.

Superman and I carved pumpkins with friends the day before Halloween.


On Halloween I made Treats while we handed out candy to Trick or Treaters.

I should have taken more pictures the rest of this year, maybe that can be one of my resolutions for 2012.
This year we spent Thanksgiving in my home town with my parents and younger brother. It was a Thanksgiving to remember. My mother and I made four pies and a quiche (for the first time.) We had such a good time baking together! Superman got to try out the Star Wars game beta, and took us all to see the new Twilight movie, New Dawn I. (Which I liked despite the teen drama.) We all had a good time and I didn't want to leave, but all good things must come to an end at some point I suppose.
When we came back we went to our friends' baby's blessing and barbeque, which was also fun.
Superman and I made Carmel Popcorn again on our anniversary, which turned out a little harder than we usually go for but still my-oh-my-delicious.
For Christmas, my husband's brother came to visit from out of state and has stayed till year end, as well as Superman's sister and her husband and two children, who left this morning to drive home to another state. We had a wonderful time during their visit. My other brother-in-law and his family came over for a Christmas Eve family dinner of enchilada pot luck, and then for Christmas dinner which my Mother-in-law and I made. It was fun to host and feed everyone, I really enjoyed cooking with my husband as we made enchiladas together and then the Christmas turkey together. (Which was a beautiful golden brown, and I really should have taken a picture of it.) My husband really is the most wonderful man I know!
We went over to Superman's brother's house for dinner and games the night after Christmas, and the gift giving continued. Superman and his brother-in-law were both given remote controlled helicopters for Christmas and they had a blast flying them all week. It was great to have little children around for Christmas, and to see the cousins playing together seemed to make everyone feel more unified as a family. I am grateful I have such great in-laws, and I hope we will have many more memorable gatherings as we did this past year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, that hat is adorable! Good job sis.
Hope you guys have a wonderful year.
Loves, Kel

Anonymous said...

Oh my, that hat is adorable! Good job sis.
Hope you guys have a wonderful year.
Loves, Kel