Wednesday, December 10, 2008

~Christmas Trees and Gingerbread Houses~

This afternoon my husband and I got out the Christmas tree and put it together; we are a great team! Later that afternoon Jon, his mother, and I went shopping and bought Christmas decorations. We put them up right away and they are so great! My husband put up lights in the windows while I decorated the tree and then my husband put the Angel on top of the tree. Our first tree! Yay!
Monday night for Family Home Evening I made gingerbread and cement icing and my husband and I built a gingerbread house together. A real gingerbread house! (It's my first so I'm very excited.) It's beautiful! I took pictures but I will have to post them later. My husband is so creative -he built the structure and made the snow on top of the house look so awesome! I decorated it with snowy windows, fence, and door with a Christmas wreath. It was pretty laborious, but when my husband and I were done I felt like we had really accomplished something. :) My brother came over and built a house too. Then we decorated gingerbread men -they are so delicious with Gummy Life Savers or DOTS for buttons!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

fun, fun, i can't wait to see the pictures!!

Shy said...

Oh I want to see the photos too! Sounds fun!!