I made Cinnamon Rolls last week and used a new roll recipe. I haven't had the best of luck with bread in the past, but the rolls turned out really good. I was so elated! Now when I figure out just how much sugar and cinnamon to roll up in them I will totally be rockin' at the cinnamon roll thang.
Tonight I made red chili chicken enchiladas for dinner and an
Apple Crisp for dessert. The apple crisp is so easy to make and so yummy, if you haven't made it yet you can find the recipe on my food blog. You are seriously missing out until you try it.

I think Blue Bell is the best kind of store-bought ice cream there is. The Homemade vanilla tastes a lot like my dad's homemade ice cream, and it's a perfect accompaniment to this dessert as well as brownies or pretty much anything you can think of. Mmmm. Superman served his mission in Texas, where this ice cream brand originated, and he introduced me to it. Blue Bell is a bit more expensive than other ice creams, but my brilliant husband found out we can get
a dollar off coupon every month by signing up on the Blue Bell website! It IS a, "worth every penny" quality frozen dessert. Now I know what makes that cow sing!

Last night my husband's younger sister, her husband, baby, and his brother and wife came over and I made chicken Masman curry with Thai sticky rice for dinner. (Sorry I don't have any pictures.) This was the first dinner I've had the opportunity to make for my hubby's siblings and it turned out real well. Superman and I have been to both his brother's and sister's homes a couple times so it was fun to have the opportunity to return the gesture. :) The gathering was kind of a spur of the moment dinner, but is was an important step as a newly wed couple. I hope we will be able to host dinners more frequently in the near future; especially for our families. :)
2 comments:
Looks good Beth! You can make me some when ya come. LOL
Hooray for Texas and they're yummy ice cream! That dish looks SOO good!
I need to add you to my bloglist!
I love your picture. You're SO pretty!
Post a Comment