Another revisited skill I’ve been working on is laundry. I had a list of “helpful hints” I was given while in Young Women's and I found it a couple weeks ago, retyped it, put it in a protective sleeve and hung it from a laundry room cabinet for convenient reference. I’m very proud of that handy display I’ve rendered in the laundry room and take more pleasure in doing the laundry. I'm so silly, I know, but now that I've made it my own it is much more rewarding for me to maintain.
I now fold the laundry as I take it out of the dryer before I put it in the laundry basket and this saves me from a wade of clean wrinkled laundry to put away later, and it’s so much easier for me to feel up to the task of putting the laundry away when it’s already folded neatly. Plus, this way when I don’t have enough room to hang up the clothes, they sit quite neatly till I’m able to put them away. I knew all this a long time ago, but I had forgotten.
I really want to can some fruit and jams this summer, but I don't know if I'll get the opportunity. That's another skill I want to renew because it has just been so long that I'm not sure I know how to can anymore. It's sad because I really like to can and it seems like it's one of those old fashioned skills that is getting left on the shelf to gather dust now days.
I was reading someone's blog last week and found that she had a tole painted "Country Kitchen" decoration that I was going to make when I first learned to tole paint. It reminded me how I wanted to make it and how much fun I had in the class I took, and I think I will try to get back into tole painting again. I tried Google-ing the pattern for the decoration I wanted to make, but I couldn't find it so I think I will have to make my own pattern and find someone with a scroll saw. :) Maybe my instincts are just kicking in for Spring Cleaning!









2 comments:
Good for you! I have a hard time finding satisfaction in my cleaning. I think its because I'm lucky if it lasts an hour. I think I'm stuck in the "why bother" rut. Besides I have so many other things I'd rather do! :)
Thanks!! All these pictures of delectable food on your blog are calling for me to make them! (but I'm on a diet) Isn't it fun to realize that all that homemaking stuff really is worth it?! Life is just so much better! You look like you've got it down.
Post a Comment