I bought all the ingredients and some Freezer canning jars and went to work. It was SO EASY Peasy! Now I know why everyone "prefers" Freezer Jam! It is a hundred times easier to make! I remember over nine years ago when I made Jam and canned peaches with my mother and was so eager to share my beautiful bounty that was so much work to preserve, and feeling a little perturbed at the people who said they liked FREEZER Jam best (before they even tried my marmalade!) I realize now that I had gone to much more trouble to learn to make Jam and preserve, and they probably just felt showed up. (I think my mother eluded to as much at the time of perturbation.) I feel so much better realizing that they weren't just rejecting my delicious marmalade and beautiful peaches that my mother and I had slaved over. Now I have to laugh at myself for feeling hurt.
Well, I decided to make Raspberry Peach Freezer Jam this time since peaches and raspberries are in season and on sale. It took me maybe an hour to complete the task and what a reward; it's delicious and such a pretty color! I'm so happy I was able to make Jam this year and I think I will make a habit of it every year from now on! If sometime again it's inconvenient to cook up a pot of Jam; now I know Freezer Jam is a sweet, no fuss, perfectly acceptable option!










2 comments:
looks yummy!!!
I've never made jam before but it looks delicious! And I bet you are right about those people just being jealous about how much work and talent you put into it!
Post a Comment