I have recently bought my first sewing machine. It's a Verticle Kenmore, and I love it! About a week and a half ago I made my first project with my new sewing machine and it turned out beautiful. I learned A LOT because I haven't done much sewing in my life (on the sewing machine that is) and this was the first item I have sewn on my own. (With only long distance advice from my mother.) It's an apron, and I enjoyed making it so much I think I will make a bunch more. It is so amazing to take a piece of fabric that is nothing in particular and prepare it and sew it up and make something you can WEAR! It's thrilling really! I'm excited to find some fabric and make a shirt I already have a pattern for.
A friend of mine has a tutorial on how to make designs on tee shirts... It's kind of hard to explain so I will just post a picture when I make mine. I came up with a tee shirt design for my husband last night and I'm so excited to make it for him. :)
I've been preparing for Thanksgiving by trying out new pumpkin pie recipes. I'm determined to find the best pumpkin pie recipe ever! :)
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
how exciting. i hope you post a picture.
I have been wanting to make my own apron for months but haven't decided on a pattern yet. Maybe when I do finally decide, you can give me some pointers?!
Post a Comment