Today I remembered it was St. Patty's Day because I had the privilege of wearing jeans and a green shirt to work with a Button wishing everyone a Happy St. Patrick's Day! Tonight I made Emerald Salad, a recipe from my Grandmother, but we didn't have our traditional corned beef because the family couldn't get together to eat dinner with us tonight.
I think St. Patrick's Day is under celebrated by non-drinkers and so I am trying to come up with fun traditions for my own family. When I was in grade school I made the coolest little leprechaun paper doll with posable limbs and we cut out Shamrocks with our names on them to decorate the classroom with. I LOVED IT! I think I will do that with my kids someday and I hope I can find the leprechaun for a pattern so my kids can make them too. (They were awesome because we used brads to make the limbs posable and you could color different outfits on them- so was fun to get creative, and imagine his home among the toadstools and his coveted treasure at the end of the rainbow.) Lets not forget watching Darby O'Gill and The Little People, and The Gnome-Mobile, who remembers that movie? As a child I got such a thrill imagining there were little people playing and frolicking in the woods. Who wouldn't want to live like that! Haha.
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment