Saturday, June 12, 2010

Join The Fight Against Mingled Fragrances!

Over the years I have been the recipient of dozens of perfumes, scented lotions, body washes, candles, bath salts, soaks, and pearls. I could probably empty them all into my bathtub for a pungent vat of pampering moonshine. Honestly, I think scented gifts are a little too widely assumed to be a generally acceptable pleasure for all females. Yes, as little girls we covet them because we are not allowed to wear them, and because we have not identified our own preference, but fragrance is particularly subject to individuality.
I have enjoyed trying out new fragrances for years; but from now on, and I think many a woman would agree with me, I'd like to be my own buyer. Unless a particular fragrance is requested, I feel it would be most acceptable to just give a good quality fragrance-free lotion, candle, or body wash.
I have found, what I really enjoy, is a good skin-quenching lotion that won't linger on my skin, a long lasting candle to soften the tension at the end of a long day, and a good soap that won't leave residue on my body. May I suggest, face masks are a very nice relaxing "me time" treat too, and I think just about any kind of 'Mud Mask' will do. I've tried lots of them and there isn't one I have disliked.
With the holidays coming up I'd like to sound my plea to the gift givers all over- in behalf of women everywhere, I love you and I appreciate your thoughtfulness and I think you're wonderful, but please, this year don't add to my melage of fragrances that won't ever smell well together. Go FRAGRANCE-FREE! :) Thanks, and I hope no one is offended by my honesty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

rofl!!
i hear ya sista!!