Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Book Worm Syndrome

Today I had a short day at work and when I came home I finished reading Mansfield Park. What a long book it was, it finally became intriguing about halfway through the book and the climax was not so riveting. Although I would not call it Jane Austen's finest piece, I did enjoyed it very much. I think maybe her next book, Emma, was probably so wonderful because of the experience in writing Mansfield Park.
Now I have only Jane Austen's unfinished novels, Lady Susan, The Watsons and Sanditon, left to read and then I will have explored all of this great author's novel genius. That's a sad thought, I think I will revisit Pride and Prejudice, Emma, Persuasion, and Sense and Sensibility from time to time.
I think I'll read Jane Eyre next. I can't believe it's taken me this long to finally read Jane Eyre; it seems as if everyone else has read it except me. I have a great many classics to read to catch up to everyone else. Most people I meet read books in high school that I never read, and even in college I was spared of reading any novels except in personal reading and by my own desire to be well read. I am a slow reader however, and I have a long way to go. It's a good thing I enjoy reading.

No comments: