I am not a mother myself yet; although, I want to be. Motherhood is one of the most intimidatingly important tender desires of my heart. It intimidates me because of how people are being raised these days and how differently I want to raise up children of my own to be. I see people around me everyday who are indecent, impolite, crude, careless, irresponsible, and selfish among other things. It frightens me to think I have all of these ugly influences to overcome to teach my children to be decent, polite, generous, responsible, charitable and hard working people. I will just have to devote every thought and effort to teaching them to live healthy virtuous lives. At the same time I know I don't want to, and CAN'T, micromanage my family so I will just have to do my best. I think maybe that's what most women want and how they feel about becoming a mother.
I hope my own mother knows how deeply grateful I am to her for leaving work to raise us kids and for sacrificing so much time, thought, and effort to make sure we were taught right and felt loved and secure. Thanks Mom, I hope I will follow your good example when I have my own children. I also want to thank all the other good mothers out there who are carefully raising their children to be decent members of society. Thank you for your sacrifices you Beautiful Women!
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment