Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A Quick Summery From February To Now..

Well well, I have skipped over much of the past couple of months, but I will briefly mention a few of the goings on now.
I had to work on Valentine's Day, but when I got home I first found a dozen red roses for me in the kitchen and then a live orchid waiting for me with my sweet husband. I don't remember what we had for dinner but my husband is a New York Cheesecake buff so I made a Junior's Cheesecake for dessert. It was heavenly.










In march I finished my Aunt's apron and sent it to her, but I believe I already wrote about that, so here is a picture of it.
My sister-in-law's birthday was in march and she loves chocolate so I made two chocolate cakes for her birthday. The first was a chocolate sponge cake with dark chocolate ganache from my Julia Child Cookbooks. The second was a Betty Crocker mix chocolate cake with Pillsbury Fudge Chocolate frosting.
Superman and I had a wonderful Easter, we had lots of fun Easter treats, listened to General Conference, and we had deviled eggs with lunch. Last month was my birthday and Jon took me out to eat with my friends and then we had cake and ice cream at home with family. By the way, Texas Roadhouse makes you sit in a saddle on a wooden horse while they announce it's your birthday and everyone shouts, " Yeehaw!" at you. It's not too embarrassing, but all you get for it is a scoop of vanilla ice cream (although it was pretty amazing ice cream.)
I have been growing tomato and bell pepper plants from seeds in egg cartons and next month I will transplant them into the back yard. In a couple of months I should be able to harvest my first crop! I'm so excited; look how tall and green and healthy they are getting, this is my first vegetable garden I'll be planting by myself. Superman has been a great help actually, he has watered the seedlings when I forgot and has been helping me prepare the earth in the backyard for transplanting. I plan to plant peas in the plot soon too.

2 comments:

Shy said...

That is awesome!! Good luck once they are in the ground. Az sun is a beast. :)

Shy said...

Which of the cakes are which?