This week I used my new trifle bowl for the first time! I made a banana pudding in it. Isn't it beautiful? ...Well for a first attempt maybe?... Okay okay, I need practice. This trifle bowl from pampered chef is awesome though; it has a removable pedestal and a lid, so if I need to I can stick it in the fridge as is! I'm all about minimal clean up.. and my bright orange mixer!I finally loaded my pictures onto my computer so I have to show you the new apron my sister-in-law made for me for Christmas. The orange stripes match my mixer! My oldest brother's wife is so crafty especially with the sewing machine
.She also made my husband a jean and flannel blanket for Christmas. Isn't she amazing?
Last week I unpacked my blender and I've been making a lot of smoothies and milk shakes ever since. When I was growing up my family never used the blender much and I think I had my first real smoothie when I was 23. I discovered jamba juice and made it a once a week ritual for a while. (I love the Peanut Butter Mood minus the Chocolate and with extra banana.) So cooking with the blender has been a gradual and unnatural discovery for me. Luckily I have my years working at Dairy Queen experience to fall back on.
Now I'm using my blender as a way to get fruit into my husband. Superman is allergic to many fruits and the only way he can eat them is if they are mixed up with other fruit or in something. I mix sherbet with a banana, cherry juice, berries, and Naked juice. It makes a pretty delicious breakfast for him and it makes me happy because now I know he's getting his vitamins and fiber. So, for anyone else out there who is struggling to bring fruit into her man's diet I thought I'd share the strategy. ;)









2 comments:
That apron is so cute and retro! I love it! I got to see it while i was up at Aarons and Keli's. How fun! Always nice to have a denim quilt around too. Didnt get to see that. :)
That banana pudding looks great! been wanting to make one my self but just havnt. :)
Post a Comment